England vs Scotland (London, Group D): 18 June, 21:00 CEST
Enjoy the match with online betting on our website!
The world’s oldest international football match is going to be replayed as England meet Scotland on Matchday 2 of the group stage at UEFA EURO 2020.
The historic match Scotland-England took place on 30 November 1872 in Glasgow. The match was watched by 4000 spectators and finished with a 0–0 draw.
Another famous meeting between two neighbours was in the EURO 1996 group stage when England’s Paul Gascoigne scored one of the EURO’s most famous and thrilling goals.
England’s EURO 2020 opening was successful with a win over Croatia. Having seven wins behind them, England will secure a knockout place if they can make it eight in a row.
Harry Maguire declares himself fit to face Scotland after the injury. The defender has played a key role in England’s team in the 2018 World Cup semi-finals in Russia.
Having lost the opening game, Scotland need a result against Gareth Southgate’s men to give themselves a chance to reach the knockout stage. The question is whether Kieran Tierney will recover from a calf injury. The Arsenal player was badly missed against the Czechs and it would be a real help if he’s fit enough to play at Wembley.
EURO facts: England
- For England, this is the tenth appearance in the European Championship.
- England finished third in 1968 and reached the semi-finals in 1996.
- England finished top of Group A in EURO 2020 qualifying, winning seven of their eight matches.
EURO facts: Scotland
- Scotland have qualified for two previous EURO final tournaments in 1992 and 1996. In both, they failed to get out of the group stage.
- This is Scotland’s first major tournament since the 1998 World Cup in France.
What team are you going to support today? Don’t forget to place a bet online on here.